Meta

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

What does amanda taste like?



Yerba Mate is a herby tasting, bitter ass drink I enjoy on an regular basis. It's supposed to have all these positive effects to do with wellness, it sure makes me pee a lot. I've been drinking Mate (mah-tay) for years, cruz de malta was always available, even before mate was popularized by hippies, there's a couple other brands I've had (there's this awesome shit called "La Mulata" we got from South America). Recently I've been seeing this "amanda" brand in my neighbourhood and also I saw it on Commercial Drive. Im trying it today to give amanda a chance to kiss the king. result: amanda is pretty good, she's bitter, and not overly herby, she doesn't have the punch that La Mulata has.

We watched this movie called "the Castle" from Australia, I enjoyed this movie quite a bit, it probably helped that I lived in australia so I have an appreciation how trashy a "true blue- dinky di" aussie can be.

I saw an old VW Bug in nice condition the other day. I think we really need to hand it to Hitler for taking a quite uninspired design, added a little razzle dazzle, little "queer eye for the straight driving guy" flare. the bumper with the eye lid headlights.. looks like a happy smiling car.

May is a good friend of ours who lived in our house for a year and recently went back to Perth, Australia. I accidentally left my messenger on all night so she was able to leave a monologue regarding her "late christmas/early everything else" gifts:

May says: !!!!
May says: AHHHHHH!!!!! I just received my fed ex box from you guys!!!!!!!!!!!
May says: YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
May says: Thanks
May says: opening it now
May says: GET OUT!!!!!!!!!
May says: GUYS YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!
May says: I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May says: THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!
May says: thankyou thankyou thankyou
May says: oh dear the excitement

Mistakes will be made:

bfp says: i think it's awesome that you write c****y, but then viv writes "i thought eric would only hide when cathy beat him up".
bfp says: way to keep the reader in the dark.
metamator says: hahaha
bfp says: so who's the apple eater?
metamator says: its c***g
metamator says: he was acting all smart about it too
bfp says: the crizzagg? crizzagg can't eat no whole apple.
metamator says: like he knew something we didnt
bfp says: he ain't man enough
metamator says: ohhh snap
metamator says: he saw what you said!
bfp says: burrn!
metamator says: so now he gotta eat the apple
bfp says: out of the trash?
metamator says: and I have to stick my finger in his mouth to make sure there's no seeds under that tongue
bfp says: awwww yeah

This is the first song on my mix mp3 cd so I bump into it everytime I hit the wrong button.

My Morning Jacket: Golden
Album: It still moves
Watchin' a stretch of road, miles of light explode.
Driftin' off a thing i'd never done before
Watchin' a crowd roll in. out go the lights it begins.
A feelin' in my bones i never felt before...
Mmm... people always told me. that bars are dark and lonely
And talk is often cheap and filled with air.
Sure sometimes they thrill me
But nothin' could ever chill me.
Like the way they make the time just disappear
Feelin' you are here again. hot on my skin again.
Feelin good a thing i'd never known before
What does it mean to feel?
Millions of dreams come real
A feelin' in my soul i'd never felt before... mmm...
And you always told me.
No matter how long it holds me if it falls apart
Or makes us millonaires. you'll be right here forever.
We'll go thru this thing together
And on heaven's golden shore we'll lay our heads

2 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger metamator said...

to your filthy animals who thought I was taking a stab at a grotty co worker.. shame on you.. Im composed if materials high in moral fiber.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger metamator said...

*of materials high in moral fiber.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home